Re: Oracle 7 cannot have concurrent updates & queries ???

From: Caelus <caelus_at_comtch.iea.com>
Date: 1995/04/12

Lionel Lee (lionell_at_sp.ac.sg) wrote:
: The Oracle 7 application developers at our site have been writing apps
: which perform massive updates and we encountered database deadlocks
: frequently when concurrent updates (& queries) are attempted on the
: same table. So we even resort to queueing these Oracle apps via the
: flaky cron/at subsystem which reduces our multiprocessor SPARCcenter
: Unix mutiuser environment into an inefficient batch processing "single
: user" a-job-at-a-time environment.

: So is it true that Oracle RDBMS does not support concurrent updates or
: rather what is wrong here??? Please kindly advise...

Define "massive updatse" please.

Regards,
Larry Jones _at_
Caelus, Inc. Received on Wed Apr 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message