Re: Read only database on CDROM

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/04/11

In article <3me499$4te_at_cs3.brookes.ac.uk> 91023629_at_brookes.ac.uk (featherstone paul g) writes:
>From: 91023629_at_brookes.ac.uk (featherstone paul g)
>Subject: Read only database on CDROM
>Date: 11 Apr 1995 15:38:33 +0100

>Hi,

>our Finance dept wants to archive some data, and I would like to do it on a
>CD ROM. Is it possible to just copy the DB files for Oracle 7.0 onto CD ROM,
>and to have a SQL*Forms front end to access them?

>TIA,
>Paul.

-
That would not work, I think, because Oracle does not have DB files, only tablespaces - you can, however, with Oracle7.x set up read-only tablespaces and they can be CD-ROM based . See the Server Administrator's manual about this type of setup.

John Greco
Oracle DBA Received on Tue Apr 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message