Re: Read only database on CDROM

From: Brett Neumeier <random_at_psycfrnd.interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/04/11

91023629_at_brookes.ac.uk (featherstone paul g) writes:
>our Finance dept wants to archive some data, and I would like to do it on a
>CD ROM. Is it possible to just copy the DB files for Oracle 7.0 onto CD ROM,
>and to have a SQL*Forms front end to access them?

        The problem with Oracle databases on read-only media is that the header for each data file contains a timestamp which is periodically updated by Oracle regardless of whether any transactions update the data in the file.

        I don't think there's any way to have a read-only Oracle database. Received on Tue Apr 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message