Re: HELP!! REPORT Tools: What out there? Which is better?

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/04/11

In article <3md82i$3l9_at_adelbert4.Stanford.EDU> schuang_at_leland.Stanford.EDU (Sheng-Ching Huang) writes:
>From: schuang_at_leland.Stanford.EDU (Sheng-Ching Huang)
>Subject: HELP!! REPORT Tools: What out there? Which is better?
>Date: 10 Apr 1995 23:37:06 -0700

>Hi folks,

>I have a front end windows application and a back end Oracle engine.
>I might generate some lengthy reports. I consider MS-Access and
>Oracle report writer.

>Is there any other report tools in the market?
>Which one is less expensive and better?
>How do I do research on them?

>Thanks for help!!
>--
>Maggie Huang
>schuang_at_leland.stanford.edu

There are mant report writers that can access Oracle data from a server :

Crystal Reports Pro

Sqr and EasySQR from MITI inc.

Any report writer that supports ODBC can connect to Oracle if you get an Oracle ODBC driver.

I can't help much of where to contact them, since my notes are elsewhere, but I'm sure someone will help.

I use Crystal mostly and have found it very effective.

Note : All of these are Windows apps, I dont know much about ones for other Platforms.

John Greco
Oracle for Netware DBA
aka TurkBear Received on Tue Apr 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message