Re: dropping a primary key

From: Bob Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1995/04/10

Subject: dropping a primary key
From: Nagaraj Rekha, nr1_at_Ra.MsState.Edu Date: 7 Apr 1995 14:54:04 GMT
In article <3m3jmc$q98_at_NNTP.MsState.Edu> Nagaraj Rekha, nr1_at_Ra.MsState.Edu writes:

>Hi netters!!
>
>I have been trying to drop aprimary key and a foriegn key from a table
 with
>out success. I have been using the Disable command.
>I would appreciate it if any one could tell me where I am going wrong and
>thr right procedure to do it.
>

>Rekha Nagaraj
>E-mail: rekha_at_erc.msstate.edu

Try:

ALTER TABLE table_name DROP PRIMARY KEY;

and

ALTER TABLE table_name DROP CONSTRAINT foreign_key_constraint;

Bob Swisshelm | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com | 317 276 5472 Eli Lilly and Company | Lilly Corporate Center | Indianapolis, IN 46285 Received on Mon Apr 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message