Re: Cant drop lowercase table

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/04/08

In <D6Ksqr.Jt6_at_gremlin.nrtc.northrop.com> maurit_at_world.nad.northrop.com (Mark W. Aurit) writes:

>I did a select from all_tables on our Oracle 6 database, and
>found 2 tables that caught my eye:
>FIN_DOMAIN_PROJECT_T
>FIN_DOMAIN_project_T
>The same, except for the lower case spelling.
>I issued:
>DROP FIN_DOMAIN_project_T, and the other table (all caps)
>was released. Continued attempts to dust _project_
>give the error about table/view not found, yet
>it appears when I select on all_tables or user_tables.
>
>What on earth is going on .. and how can I get rid of
>it!!!
>

>Thx, MArk
>maurit_at_world.nad.northrop.com
>--
>Mark Aurit
>Finance Client/Server Systems
>Northrop Grumman Data Systems (West)
>maurit_at_world.nad.northrop.com

Put the mixed case table name in quotes, eg

DROP TABLE "DROP FIN_DOMAIN_project_T"

-JJ
 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle CASE Consulting and Training
 951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
 Belmont, CA 94002
 Voice: 415-571-7092
 FAX: 800-665-1379
 CompuServe: 76702,456
 Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com
 Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com     Received on Sat Apr 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message