dc_free_extents problem, please help...

From: Tim Ash <ylwb0100_at_yvr.cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1995/04/06

Hello all,

  I am using ORACLE 6.0 on SCO UNIX. Recently I created an sql script to perform an update on a large table. The update involves a sub-select and always crashes after a short time with the error, 'not enough free extents'. I increased the value of dc_free_extents to some ridiculously high number, but the script still crashes with the same error.   Do I not have enough data files (dbf files) allocated for the tablespace? Do I need more RAM (I have 16 MB now), or is there some other solution? Please help a new ORACLE DBA.

Thanks in advance...

Tim Ash
ORACLE/UNIX DBA
Western Star Trucks Inc. Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message