ODBC to Personal Oracle 7 ?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1995/04/06

Hi folks. Decided to take my show on the road and try to use Personal Oracle 7 on a single PC. All of my Oracle Forms work just great against the local database.

Unfortunately, my ODBC stuff has not worked so well. I'm using a variety of tools such as the Microsoft Query utility from MS Office as well as custom VB programs. I've also tried both the Intersolv/Q+E ODBC driver and the one that ships with PO7.

In any case, I get the following error when attempting to connect using ODBC:

  ORA-03121 No Interface Driver Connected

            Function not Performed.

According to the ODBC docs and the error codes manual, ODBC was looking for a SQL*Net driver and did not find one. I was under the impression that PO7 offers a SQL*Net "stub" named "2:" that takes the place of the traditional SQL*Net interfaces such as "X:" for SQL*Net SPX (what I've been using) and "T:" for SQL*Net TCP/IP.

I've also tried various things with LOCAL and REMOTE variables in ORACLE.INI to no avail.

Am I missing something here ?

Mucho thanks to anyone who can help.

Cheers,

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message