Re: ORACLE 7 & Hypercard 2.2, is there a new version of execsql XCMD?

From: Bill G. McCracken <bgmccracken_at_amoco.com>
Date: 1995/04/06

acc_at_pfox.dialix.oz.au (Andrew Calvin) wrote:

>> ...currently using Hypercard (with the execsql XCMD provided by the Oracle
>> Tools for Mac v2.0 & SQL*Net 1.5) to access an Oracle 6 RDBMS on a UNIX
>> plateform.
>>
>> Our Oracle V6 is going to be upgraded into V7. During the tests some problems
>> occured, especially when putting a date into a container.

>I still use the old execsql from SQL*Net 1.5 with HC 2.1 against Oracle
>7.1 under SunOS 4.2. The only problem I encounter is with VARCHAR cols,
>which cannot be fetched into a variable - only into a field! The dates
>come back as 17-MAR-95, and the HC 'convert' function handles them well.
>Dates are reliably fetched into variables.

>If anyone knows what the prob is with VARCHAR I'd like to hear it.

>-- Andrew Calvin -- acc_at_pfox.dialix.oz.au --

Slight correction, we almost exclusively use varchar2 cols and they go either into a field direct or into a global var. We've experienced no problems with the above, using the same setup on Oracle 7.1 and Solaris 2.3+. Either of you can get an updated Xcmd through Oracle that may solve your problems. However, remeber the HyperCard limitation of 32k on large varchar2's. Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message