Re: Is there a slick way to get back to Main Menu from a called Form (3.0)???

From: James Richard <no email>
Date: 1995/04/06

In article <3lescu$fsq_at_epic68.dep.state.fl.us> waters_k_at_dep.state.fl.us writes:
>My users want to have to ability to 'jump' back to their main menu from
>any point in their application. Currently, their application is a series
>of forms, all of which are called from within other called forms or the
>originating form.
>
>Return takes them back a form at a time, and New Form just takes them
>back to the first calling form and not the menu.
>
>I am new to SQL*Forms 3.0, SQL*Menu and this VMS system (I was "Big Blue
>& DB2" for 8 years). I know others must have crossed this bridge before
>me and I would appreciate the ability to learn from their experience(s).
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kathryn Waters...............Find a Way, Make a Way!..................

Well, here at TUNS, we don't have (or use) SQL*MENU. (SQL*Forms 3.0 on VMS, as well.)
I have created a menu system in SQL*Forms. Now I can take advantage of the New_Form () function.

I guess this doesn't really answer your question, does it. /* ;-( */

ReInventing the wheel may be cheaper than buying it! (But I don't know your salary, or how much SQL*Menu is.)

James Richard (JRICHARD_at_TUNS.CA)
"No Assembler Required!" Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message