Re: Oracle Install on AIX 3.2.5 problems

From: Network Dev&Sup <davisr_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: 1995/04/06

On 1 Apr 95 09:46:03 GMT, kurka_at_bmcwest.com writes:

>I seem to be stuck at the moment on oracle 7 install to AIX 3.2.5:
>AIX 3.2.5 RS/6000 model 250
>XLC 1.3.0.0.U491204 installed
>I have installed and commited xlc a number of times just to make sure it is
>there.
>I would expect it to error out on all lines if xlc was not installed.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

I am also having problems installing the 'netman' product in oracle7 which will configure your system for SQL*Net which in turn uses the listener.ora for networking. Oracle stated that you must be using Motif ver. 1.2 and nothing below. To find out your ver. number use %lslpp -l X11rte.obj

  • if this returns X11rte.obj 01.02.03 then use %lslpp -l X11rte.motif1.2.obj this will return the Motif ver number running on your box.
  • if above is not returned then you have ver 1.1.

hope this helps. Jean-Guy Guenette (NBTel) Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message