Re: Information Needed

From: GAG <ggilchr_at_worldweb.com>
Date: 1995/04/06

In article <pconnors.797055081_at_BIX.com>, pconnors_at_BIX.com (pconnors on BIX) says:

>emccubbin_at_raleigh.ibm.com writes:
>
>>I need some basic information about Oracle.
>>1) Is Oracle ANSI 92 compliant ?
>>2) Does Oracle support the use of dynamic SQL ?
>>3) Does Oracle support an OS/2 client ? What do I need (product wise) to make
>> it work ?
>>Any and all help on this basic information would be appreciated. Thanks
>>in advance.
>> Ellen McCubbin
>1: I think so.
>2: Yes. I use it all the time.
>3: I don't know for sure (never used OS/2, yet), but I believe
> the answer is also yes.
>
> -Pat Connors

1. Oracle is compliant with ANSI and ISO SQL92. The official International STandard is ISO/IEC 9075:1992 also ANSI Document ANSI X3.135-1992.

PL/SQL Release 2.1 supports "Entry SQL" as defined by these standards.

2. Oracle supports Dynamic SQL from applications and Now with Oracle7.1 from within stored procs.

3. OS/2 client is supported.

You need

SQL*NET for OS/2
SQL*NET PRotocol adapter for whatever protcol ( like TCP/IP ) for OS/2

If you want to have WIN OS/2 clients hit on an oracle db somewhere on your network you need also need SQL*VDM as well to bridge WIN OS/2 and the OS/2 wall.

Regards
GAG Received on Thu Apr 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message