Auto Logout from HP Workstation

From: <jlsmith_at_koospc43.delcoelect.com>
Date: 1995/04/05

Does anyone know how to cause an HP 800 workstation running an ORACLE-based application under the c shell to automatically log inactive users out after a specified period of time? If I put the line

        set autologout=120
in the /etc/csh.login file, they will be logged out after two hours of inactivity if they are just at the operating system level. However, if they are logged into ORACLE, they will not be logged out automatically even if they are inactive. Apparently, the system perceives just being logged into ORACLE as activity. Any suggestions? I need to be able to do this for HP 700s also. The O/S is HP/UX v9.X. TIA. Received on Wed Apr 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message