SQL*Plus for Win freeze w/db link

From: Bill Holmes <bill.holmes_at_gsa.gov>
Date: 1995/04/05

We have two Oracle7 Servers for NetWare v 7.0.16.6.5, one in Chicago and one in Washington, DC. Both run SQL*Net SPX for NetWare v1.1. The Chicago server runs NetWare v3.12. The DC server runs NetWare v3.11. Client machines run Oracle CDE Tools, in particular SQL*Plus for Windows v3.1. We created a database link from the Chicago server to the DC server. A 3000+ row table (> 150 columns) exists on the DC server. We want to create the table on the Chicago server. Issued a CREATE TABLE tablename AS SELECT * FROM tablename_at_linkname in SQL*Plus for Windows. The session freezes. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Anyone know of a fix? Or should we be using snapshots? Received on Wed Apr 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message