Re: Forms 4.0.12 to 4.0.13 Problems?

From: Vish Gopalan <vgopalan_at_borg24.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1995/04/04

robert.goodwin_at_msfc.nasa.gov (Robert Goodwin) wrote:

> Our team has been experiencing what appear to be backward compatability
> problems when upgrading from Forms 4.0.12 to Forms 4.0.13. Things that we've
> developed into our applications under 4.0.12 suddenly cease to work under
> 4.0.13. The most recent (but by no means the only) example of this is that we
> get a core dump when trying to use the RUN_PRODUCT built-in under 4.0.13. Has
> anyone else experienced this problem, or are we just doing something wrong?
>
> :-[ Robert

We are just planning to migrate our applications to Forms 4.0.13 on Solaris 2.4. I am very interested in knowing about known problems. Also, if we run into a major problem, can we downgrade to 4.0.12 by simply regenerating our forms (since Forms binary files may have been recreated after regenerating with 4.0.13) ?

                                  """
                                 (o o)
|                             Vish Gopalan                             |
|                         Information Systems                          |
|                      Architecture & Integration                      |
|                   International Space Station, NASA                  |
| E-mail: vgopalan_at_borg24.jsc.nasa.gov           Phone: (713) 280-7473 |