Re: Database(s) per instance ?

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: 1995/04/03

tgillesp_at_ms13.mis.semi.harris.com (Tom Gillespie) writes:
: Can anyone site any advantages to having more than one database per ORACLE
: instance, other than saving shared memory (SGA) ?
:
: The UNIX administrators here want me to include ALL of my DBs in one
: instance. Currently, I have two medium-size DBs and one little data
: warehouse which someday will become a big warehouse.
:
: I tend to find more disadvantges than pluses: single point of failure
: if instance dies, taking database down for maintenance effects
: ALL apps, not being able to taylor an instance to a specific app, etc.
:

A moot question. It is not possible to have more than one database per instance.

--
regards,
Carl