Re: cde2 tools

From: Steven Whatley <swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 1995/04/03

The following is the post uudecoeded:

mswph_at_SunBelt.Net wrote:
> If you have any experience on RDBMS, please feel free to send me an email !
>
> Q: What do you think about Informix, Oracle 7 and Sybase ?
>
> 1. Object Oriented Technology
> 2. Integration of third-party components<class libs, re-useable objs>
> 3. Application Partitioning (to avoid FAT Client Syndrom>
> 4. Interpreted or compiled code ?
> 5. Support for Multiplatform GUI and OS
> 6. Team Development
> 7. Esay application maintenance with single code stream ?
> 8. Open connectivity to multiple databases
> 9. Support for OLTP applications ?
>
> Q: Application tools ?
> Informix:NewEra
> Oracle:CDE2 Tools
> Sybase: APT workbench
> PowerBuilder or Visual Basic
>
> Again, Please fell free to send me your personal opinion about the above
> questions on Client-Server RDBMS and their Application Tools !
>
> Thanks

Be more careful next time, please.

Later,
Steven

 _   _  _ _  __ : Steven Whatley              \ The opinions expressed are my
|_  |_|  |  |   : System Analyst/Programmer    \ own.  You may freely copy,
 _| | | _|_ |__ : swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com  \_use,_or_ignore_them._______
                : Oracle CDE2 Ambassador: Ask questions about the CDE2 tools!
Scientific Applications International Corporation (An employee-owned company) Received on Mon Apr 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message