Trace Files(*.trc)

From: Prabhinder Singh <psingh_at_aadt.com>
Date: 1995/03/31

Question: When we use the sql trace facility then corresponding to each sql statement executed thereafter the oracle generates a trace file (*.trc) in the directory specified in DUMP_DESTINATION variable of init ora. The default destination is oracle/rdbms/log. But when oracle creates this trace file it does not give read permission to the user. The permissions looks like

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 412 Mar 18 15:57 ora_13206.trc

This shows that trace file created corresponding to any "xyz" user's query cannot be accessed by that user itself. This trace file can either be accessed by Oracle or any user having DBA group.
My problem is that neither I can allow every user in the development team to login as an oracle nor I can add them to DBA group. So what should I do so that developers in my team can use these trace files .

Your help would be appreciated in resolving this issue.

--
Prabhinder Singh     SABRE Decision Technologies

(817)963-1112 (O) P. O. Box 619616, MD 4479
CP-IV: 3W5B-53 Dallas/Fort Worth Airport,
(817)967-9763 (FAX) Texas 75261-9616
e-mail: psingh_at_sdt.com