Re: Oracle on PowerMac's

From: Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1995/03/29

In article <3kt1uk$96h_at_newsgate.sps.mot.com>, bnelson_at_csmac4sps.mot.com (bnelson) wrote:

> I have a Power Mac 7100/66 and need to set up a small Oracle application.
> My manager would like me to use the Mac's already set up in our network.
> I have ORACLE Workgroup Server V7 for Windows NT which does not work in
> SoftWindows. Does anyone know if Oracle will have the workgroup server
> for Mac available soon?

According to a post from Oracle some months back:

    Oracle7 for Power Macintosh [standalone version] February 1995

        RDBMS, RSFs, Utilities v7.1
        SQL*Net v2.0, TCP/IP adapter v2.0

    Oracle Workgroup Server for Power Macintosh         August 1995
        RDBMS, RSFs, Utilities v7.x
        SQL*Net v2.x, TCP/IP adapter v2.x

Helpful, huh? Perhaps one of the Oracle people has a newer schedule.

Oracle for Windows runs on the current Mac DOS cards from Reply and Apple, which are available for Quadra/Centris 610 & 650 and the PowerMac 6100. Reply Corporation says they will ship a 7100 DOS card in June. Reply = 800.801.6898

Mike Kranzdorf Kranzco Realty Trust mikek_at_krt.com Received on Wed Mar 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message