Re: Installation Woes (Oracle Financials) !!

From: LGAARD <lgaard_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 23:32:06 -0500

dang_at_njmsa.UMDNJ.edu (Anju Dang) wrote:

> Does anybody know anyway of automating the autoinstall utility of
> Oracle Financials (hope nobody is counting a's used in this
> sentence).
Anju,
  As long as you are not changing the combination of products and are using the same operating system/platform/RDBMS version combination, you can create a package to be "automatically" installed. This involves installing one set of the applications and then copying the executables, using export/import to copy the database objects and then doing some follow up steps that autoinstall generally does for you. (Another option is copying the database itself but that requires identical file system setups on your different machines.) A good place to look for the steps required in this process is in an appendix in the Applications Installation manual that discusses migration from one environment to another. (I don't know the exact reference in the Rel 10 manual)   I'm not saying that it is straight forward, but it is possible. A consultant might be a good idea if you're not comfortable with the process yet.
  Good luck!
    Laurel
(Occasional Oracle Consultant but mostly a full-time Law Student) Received on Wed Mar 29 1995 - 06:32:06 CEST

Original text of this message