Re: Oracle7 on Novell 3.12 accessed by Powerbuilder 4.0 - Please help!!

From: A. Trent Foley <atfoley_at_ibm.net>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 21:00:29 GMT

>>Next month : Watcom moves to Novell 3.12 Oracle7 database.
>>486 50 MHz server. 24 MB memory. 1.5 GB Raid storage. 8 main tables in

>>De we need more client and server memory (we're also running MS Office
>>at the same time off the server), or a faster server chip? Any further
>>recommendations??

My personal experiences with Netware 3.12 and Oracle 7.0.x tell me that you will problably be happiest with at least 64MB of server RAM. Especially if you will be running MS Office on the same server. After starting up the Oracle SGA, look in MONITOR.NLM under Resource Utilization. The percent of memory used by cache buffers should be above 20% -- the higher the better. Received on Tue Mar 28 1995 - 23:00:29 CEST

Original text of this message