Re: login.sql to set sqlprompt

From: Lee Parsons <lparsons_at_eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 02:35:44 GMT

Bill Pierce <bill.pierce_at_teradyne.com> wrote:
>set numwidth 9
>set linesize 100
>set pagesize 2
>set echo off
>set term off
>undefine value
>column value new_value prompt
>select value from v$parameter where name like 'db_name' order by value;
>set sqlprompt &&prompt>
>/
>
>is this what you wanted?

Yep, The original problem had to do with INSTANCE in v$thread not formating the way I wanted. Once I took my blinders off I realized that I could get the same information from v$parameter, v$database and probable 1/2 a dozen other places.

Thanx to everybody for providing remediate instruction to someone who should know better.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com