Stored procedures, PowerBuilder 4 and Oracle 7

From: (wrong string) ärmlöv <ulf.warmlov_at_supertech.se>
Date: 27 Mar 1995 19:52:21 GMT

In one of my present projects I would like to use stored procedures to retrieve information from an Oracle 7 database into a PowerBuilder 4 application, because SQL- and GUI-programming skills does not always go together. Since I am used to Sybase (and others) it was a surprise to learn how s.p. works in Oracle, i.e. not returning result-sets other than by out-variables (not handled by the PB datawindow mechanism) and I have not yet managed to successfully call a s.p. from a PB datawindow.

I would be most grateful to either

	o	receive a stored procedure example that works with PB
		(and a short description of how the datawindow was set
		up)
	o	your valued opinions on if it is such a good idea to use
		stored procedures this way given PoerBuilder and Oracle
		(maybe you have a better solution)

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Ulf Warmlov                       |  SuperTech ab
Database Consultant               |  Stockholm, Sweden