Database trigger to start C program???

From: Michelle Morin <mlmorin_at_primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 12:28:37 MST

I need to develop an 'event-based' PRO*C program which will be started on a particular database event. Can I use Database triggers to call a PRO*C program? Is this possible? I also read about an Oracel Database package which supposedly allows for signals to be created. Are these signals able to be 'handled' by PRO*C programs? This is being developed on a Unix machine. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Morin                         Century Computer Consultants
Kansas City,MO                  skills:  SAP R/2, APPC/LU6.2, CICS
mlmorin_at_primenet.com

Personal Web Site: http://www.primenet.com/~mlmorin/