SQL*Loader and userid/passwd

From: Vern Kosloski <Vern.Kosloski_at_wilsons.mmbbs.com>
Date: 27 Mar 95 09:47:00

I am trying to run sqlldr without having the userid/passwd show up in a ps listing. I am runnging Oracle v7.0.16 on AIX 3.2.5. I know that I could put the userid/passwd in a parfile and it would not show up but I am trying to have only one place to set the userid/passwd. I was able to accomplish this task in Oracle v6 as follows:

echo $ORACLEPW |sqllde $ORACLEUN parfile=param.prm

This does not work in v7.0.16.

I have an application that generates the parfile on the fly and sets the permissions to 700 and then deletes the file after the load but I was wondering if there was a way to do this similar the the v6 way.

Thanks in advance.

Vern Kosloski
Vern.Kosloski_at_wilsons.mmbs.com Received on Mon Mar 27 1995 - 09:47:00 CEST

Original text of this message