Re: Full PL/SQL Programs

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Mar 1995 17:24:44 GMT

You need to create procedures in the database with a 'create or replace procedure' command. Check out the Application Developer's Guide.

In article <1995Mar24.004046.22795_at_biosym.com>, ahr_at_biosym.com (Alan H. Rosenthal ) writes:
|> Hi,
|>
|> I have rtfm'ed and I can not find an example of a full PL/SQL
|> 2.0 program that runs in the SQL*PLUS environment. Specifically,
|> I want to be able to write a program that consists of a single
|> main routine and a few procedures and functions.
|>
|> For example:
|>
|> procedure xyz is
|> n number ;
|> begin
|> n := 1 ;
|> end ;
|> begin
|> xyz ;
|> end ;
|>
|> when I try to run this I get a syntax error on the first line.
|>
|> Can you write such a program?????
|>

|> Thanks,
|>
|> alan
|>

|> --

|> | Alan Rosenthal :O) email ahr_at_biosym.com |
|> | Management Information Systems vmail 619-597-9732 |
|> | Biosym Technologies fax 619-458-0136 |

|> | The thinking that got us where we are today |
|> | will not get us where we want to go tommorrow |