Re: LONG RAW data type problem

From: <ajamoughlir_at_iccgcc.cle.ab.com>
Date: 27 Mar 95 15:48:36 EST

In article <3kvidn$fda_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com>, kbradley_at_130.35.1.6 (Kirk Bradley - Mainframe and Integration Technologies) writes:
> selecting a RAW from SQL*Plus will force a RAWTOHEX conversion
> cause SQL*Plus wants to display the result as a character string.
>

> : I can insert data into this column, but I can't select from it. I tried
> : changing the column's data type to LONG and RAW, and each of these worked
> : fine. According to the Oracle docs, the LONG RAW has the same restrictions as
> : the LONG, but this is obviously not the case!

try the following:
convert you long type to varchar2(2000), then you can query on it. to convert do:

- export you table (ascii)
- recreate your table with varchar2(2000) instead of long
- import back your table.

hope this helps

Raghid Aajamoughli
AJAMOUGHLIR_at_beast.cle.ab.com   Received on Mon Mar 27 1995 - 22:48:36 CEST

Original text of this message