Re: Request: SQLLOader question

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 26 Mar 1995 18:02:41 GMT

In article <3l1e4e$ms0_at_eliza.netaxis.com>, rajul_at_netaxis.com says...

> I have read in the Oracle utilities manual(V7) that one can
> optimize sqlloader operation by adjusting the values of OPTIONS
> parameters ROWS and BINDSIZE.

ROWS says how many rows to insert in one batch. You can turn on an autocommit option to avoid creating a huge rollback segment during insertion, by committing after this may rows.

However each row takes a certain amount of preallocated storage inside sqlloader, so you may have to use BINDSIZE to create enough storage for the number of rows you have selected.

--
Dave Mausner, Sr Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.