Re: trigger question

From: <ajit_at_iconz.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 95 16:36:52 PST

In article <3ksrg2$ccv_at_nsmmfs07.cscoe.ac.com>, lothmar_at_cscoe.ac.com says...

>Recently a need has arisen within a project I support to monitor updates
 and inserts
>for certain database tables. I realize this can be done through
 auditing, but they
>would like to add USER_NAME and SYS_DATE columns to all monitored
 tables. I have
>been asked to write a trigger which would enter the appropriate
 user_name and sysdate
>into these columns for the appropriate row whenever an update or insert
 occurs on
>these tables. I was able to write a trigger for inserts, but I'm having
 no luck
>for updates.
>
>Can some please help? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
>Mark
>lothmar_at_cscoe.ac.com

Could you clarify your question, What exactly is your problem ?. If you succeed in writing a row trigger for inserts, updates should be similar. Awaiting more details.
Ajit   Received on Sun Mar 26 1995 - 01:36:52 CET

Original text of this message