Re: Problem with Config on dos

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 25 Mar 1995 00:22:42 GMT

Paul Hart/Telephone Express (paulhart_at_earth) wrote:
: I am having a problem with Oracle SQL NET for DOS, when setting the
: required CONFIG variable. It causes my system to have memory conflict
: errors when I set the variable in autoexec.bat. I have narrowed it down
: to a problem with it conficting with MS DOS 6.0 and greater. MS DOS 6.0
: + already has the environment variable CONFIG slated for use with the
: boot menu configuration.
:
: I have noticed that if i finish running autoexec.bat and then set the
: config environment variable the it does work, however that is a pain.
: How can I get work around the problem better, any ideas.
:
: Thanks paul

Have you put the config= as the very last statement in autoexec.bat? That is what the Oracle install docs say to do. Why does the boot menu process get bothered by a statement in the autoexec.bat?

You would think that whoever wrote the Oracle installation would have realized that using a generic variable name like "config" was kind of arrogant, why didn't they call it "oconfig" or "oraconfig"?

Just my 2 cents worth,

EP

AKA, PierceED.CSUS.edu Received on Sat Mar 25 1995 - 01:22:42 CET

Original text of this message