Problems with ODBC & Sqlnet V2 in MS Word

From: Steve Helle <shelle_at_dbintellect.com>
Date: 24 Mar 1995 19:23:10 GMT

When using Oracle's ODBC driver for Oracle7 in conjunction with SQL*Net V2 TCP/IP and MS Word's Mail Merge (in the Tools menu), I bomb with ORA 12154 (generic "You're tnsnames.ora file is hosed) Here is the scenario:

  • using MS Query alone, everything is fine
  • when I use Mail Merge, Get Data, Open Data Source, MS Query, etc. I can connect just fine to Oracle and retrieve data. BUT, when I chose Return Data to Word, Word throws up another password prompt dialog box. When I enter the password, it fails on the connect with a 12154.

This has only happened in Word and V2 SQL*Net. V1 SQL*Net works fine.

Anyone seen anything like this and have a solution? (note: The same thing happens with Q+E's ODBC driver).

Thanks,

Steve Helle
shelle_at_dbintellect.com Received on Fri Mar 24 1995 - 20:23:10 CET

Original text of this message