Re: Personal Oracle error ORA-3121

From: Thomas Conte <Thomas.Conte_at_DaytonOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 12:56:23 GMT

==========Vincen5158, 3/21/95==========
>> I installed Personal Oracle7 in Windows. Whenever I try to start up
>> the data base I get ORA-3121 No Interface driver connected.
>> I already have oracle7 on OS/2

First, I Oracle doesn't support Personal Oracle7 for Windows running under OS/2. Second I had the same problem when installing in Windows. Check the oracle.ini for the following:
Local=2:
SQLNET DBNAME=LOCAL The connect string in the Database Manager should be 2:

If that doesn't work try starting up SQL*DBA, try to login (password: oracle). Issue the startup command. If you get errors then you need to run the install2.sql script. I don't remember offhand which directory its in, try the orawin/dbs subdirectory.

You will find that this also happens when WIN32S is not installed properly. Try
running FREECELL to verify that WIN32S is ok.

Tom Received on Fri Mar 24 1995 - 13:56:23 CET

Original text of this message