Re: VB - ODBC - O7 wrong approach?

From: Spencer H Moore <Spencer.H.Moore_at_tek.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 00:19:15 GMT

In article <3kqeqo$i4m_at_ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> JMcI_at_ix.netcom.com (John McIntosh) writes:>From: JMcI_at_ix.netcom.com (John McIntosh)
>Subject: VB - ODBC - O7 wrong approach?
>Date: 23 Mar 1995 00:19:36 GMT

>The message I'm getting from Oracle and a local Oracle integrator
>is "Why use ODBC to connect VB to Oracle when Glue or Objects for OLE
>offer far better useability and performance?"

>Do any of you concur that it is pointless to use ODBC with Visual Basic, if
>you have Glue available?

I don't know anything about Glue. However, in preliminary investigations Oracle Objects (their OLE2 automation engine) performs better than ODBC and is more user-friendly. Unless I needed portablility across database back ends, I'd go with the OLE2 tool over ODBC any day.

Spencer Moore
ARIS Corporation Received on Fri Mar 24 1995 - 01:19:15 CET

Original text of this message