Re: Just installed Oracle - Help

From: Rick Daugherty <rick_at_vt.edu>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 05:19:27 GMT

In article <3kqlk9$h5s_at_ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, JMcI_at_ix.netcom.com (John McIntosh) says:

>I just installed Peronal Oracle 7 from the 90 day trial disc.
>Installation went fine, but I can't run User Manager et al. because
>they ask for a Username and Password. What is the default for these?
>I only remember the installer mentioning the Database Password which
>is "Oracle".
>
>John

Ah, an easy question. If you check the Administrator manuals you will find that the system sets up two accounts. Probably the best thing to use is the SYS username and the CHANGE_ON_INSTALL password to enter the user manager and change the password to something more realistic and secure. While you are there you can also add any other desired users and set permissions.

Hope this helps,
Rick

| Rick Daugherty, WPI Information Systems Manager
| 1872 Pratt Drive, Suite 1600,Blacksburg, VA 24060 | rick_at_vt.edu, http://www.wpi.org/rick Received on Thu Mar 23 1995 - 06:19:27 CET

Original text of this message