Re: Using two simultaneous back ends

From: Kirk Bradley - Mainframe and Integration Technologies <kbradley_at_130.35.1.6>
Date: 22 Mar 1995 23:01:36 GMT

If you're talking to O7 now (a non-personal version) then you can just get a gateway to talk to the as/400 transparently. Either the DRDA gateway or the transparent gateway. Both are from Oracle.

acumen_at_onramp.net wrote:

: We are currently using PB4.0 with Oracle 7. We have come across the need
: to also access AS/400 tables. We have found that we can run 2 queries
: but joining them at the same time is an issue. We have heard of a product
: called "Dharma/ODBC Integrator" that claims to offer heterogeneous data
: access but do not know much about it, moreover it is in its beta stage
: so it does not promote a high comfort level.

: If you have any information, please reply via email to acumen_at_onramp.net.

: Thank you.

--
Kirk Bradley
Oracle Corporation