Re: Oracle Trial for Macintosh?

From: Scott M. Langdoc <scott_at_uscs.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 15:07:39 -0800

In article <3kiqf3$6hh_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, sigmike_at_aol.com (SIG Mike) wrote:

> I see that Oracle is offering all kinds of trials for PC's and
> Workstations running NT, but I want to try the Oracle for our Macs? Is
> there anyway I can geta trial copy or some sort of demo of Oracle for the
> Macintosh?

Mike,

Oracle has announced the pending availability of a variety of Macintosh products, including:

PowerObjects for Macintosh
Oracle7 for PowerMacintosh

They will also have a Macintosh version of Developer/2000, their flagship developent environment. Now, assuming they keep with their program of electronic distribution, and given that they have announced they will offer PowerObjects via the Internet upon its availability, one could assume that both PowerObjects/Mac and Oracle7/ Power Mac would be available as 90 day trials. I would doubt that Developer/2000 would be distributed this way.

This is just speculation....But it would make sense for Oracle to do this since the Macintosh market is STARVED for quality tools and databases such as those mentioned above.

--
Scott M. Langdoc                                       scott_at_uscs.com
U.S. Computer Services / CableData