Re: [Q] ASCII file to read and write

From: Dale O'Sullivan <osulli_at_idirect.com>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 05:25:44 GMT

In article <1995Mar17.020325.330_at_madnix.uucp>, febbo_at_madnix.uucp says...

>: |> I have an ASCII file with many informations (name,
 prices,...)
>: |> I have to read it, make request to update the database with that
 data.
>: |> What is the simple way to do that???
>: |>
>: The precompilers. Pro*C can read from the database and write to the
 file, and
>: vice versa.
>
>I think what the gentleperson means is that he wants to put the ascii
>data into his Oracle database. Easiest way may be to (batch) edit the
 ascii
>inserting appropriate SQL language to perform the INSERTS ... INTO ...
>then run the ascii as a SQL procedure.
>
>Best wishes ...........James Febbo

If you want to get the information from ascii to Oracle Database can he not use the sql loader program to perform this function. I transfer data from an IBM mainframe as well as IBM pc's to my Vax Oracle Database using SQL*Loader program on a regular basis.

Good Luck .......D.O'S. Received on Thu Mar 23 1995 - 06:25:44 CET

Original text of this message