Re: PB 4.0 vs Oracle Forms

From: Steve Downs <downs_at_oehl.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 22 Mar 1995 20:06:45 GMT

dbmoore_at_netcom.com (Dennis Moore) wrote:

> In article <3k6nfb$21m_at_bruce.uncg.edu> j_doan_at_turing.uncg.edu (John . Doan) writes:
> >This is urgent.
> >I need more information about why I should choose PB over Forms or vice
> >versa. Please respond soon. Thank you.
>
> support, etc. And with the new "no runtime fee" pricing and "on-time delivery
> of ports like Macintosh, Motif, and character mode," Developer/2000 blows the
> doors off of PB4.

Wow, but tell me, is it still as bloated and buggy as 4.0 was? Or will this one actually run after you've completed the seventy-disk installation process?

If so, perhaps Oracle should be congratulated on finally making par. Powersoft has been there for awhile, and is a less arrogant, more customer-oriented company.

As far as holy wars go, if Oracle keeps up their advertising in this group, maybe we should rename it comp.soft-sys.pb-jihaad.

Steve

"I speak for myself, not my employer." Received on Wed Mar 22 1995 - 21:06:45 CET

Original text of this message