Re: [Q] Oraterm20

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Mar 1995 05:35:54 GMT

In article <3kkri1$adu_at_pnn.projo.com> brian_at_projo.com (Brian C. Stormont) writes:
]
] I've used the original Oracle Terminal (V.1.x) without any problems, but
] I've had no luck whatsoever with version 2. Even trying a simple
] regeneration of the supplied (v2) resource files comes up with errors.

    Note that you have to generate with the same "type" of OT that the resources are used on: the Motif OT (t20desm) for Motif resources; the chracater-mode OT (t20des) for character-mode resources; etc.

    OT has to do this in order to find out what the keys mean. This is a special problem for character-mode resources, where you often have keys (like "PF4" or "Do") that don't exist on most other platforms; asking Motif what one of these keys is usually provokes errors.

  • Bill K.

Bill Kaufman, | "Maybetheyhadaridiculousstatementtomakeaboutsomethingt wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com | heyhadntexperiencedPossiblySamhadadifferentopiniontha