Re: Easy way to dump table to flat file?

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 17:41:59 CST

In article <3kmuat$nue_at_news.cais.com> envipco_at_cais3.cais.com (ENVIPCO Management Services) writes:

>Vincent A Ventrone (vv_at_mbunix) wrote:
>: A colleague has asked me to describe the easiest way to dump
>: an Oracle table to a flat Unix file--and I did not have a ready answer.

>Try starting SQLPLUS, SET PAGESIZE 0, SET LINESIZE 500, SPOOL,
>then SELECT * FROM tablename

>good luck.

>Randy - envipco_at_cais.com

In addition to the above, also set headings,feedback,termout off, and define some columns to control the layout of the resulting file i.e. column filed1 format a20, etc ; this will make using the output as an input to some other program easier, since you will know the length of each field.

John Greco
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Mar 22 1995 - 00:41:59 CET

Original text of this message