PB 4.0 vs Oracle Forms

From: Francisco Casas <fcasas_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 08:54:56 GMT

I'm in the process of purchasing a development environment. I'm considering PowerBuilder 4.0 and Oracle's Developer/2000 suite.

At the moment I'm leaning towards PowerBuilder. The main reason for this is thier ability to provide inheritance of their graphical objects. In other words if I choose to write a window or widget(control in MS-Windows lingo) with certain business rules I would inherit the business rules from it.

Does anyone know whether Oracle's Forms 4.5 can do this?

And if you are really want to do positive contributions to your Karma could you also send any other tidbits where one beats the other.

Thanks. Received on Tue Mar 21 1995 - 09:54:56 CET

Original text of this message