Re: ORACLE7 Running on HP T500 or SUN 2000

From: pconnors on BIX <pconnors_at_BIX.com>
Date: 21 Mar 95 04:57:57 GMT

balexand_at_cac.washington.edu (Bruce Alexander) writes:

>Is anyone running ORACLE 7 on a HP T500 or a SUN 2000? I'm interested in hearing about your experiences and concerns or observations.
Sun 2000 running Solaris. 2 Oracle instances. SQL*Forms 3.0. PL/SQL and SQR. We converted about a year ago from Oracle 6 on SCO Unix to Oracle 7 on the Sun; going slowly due to the learning curve. Standards are going into effect now for such things as database triggers, use of constraints and the like.

We're in the middle of installing Forms 4.0 for X Windows. I expect I'll have a story or twoo to tell there in a few weeks...

Not a too difficult transition. The biggest thing seems to be resisting the temptation to leap too quickly into the fulll set of V7 features.

    -Pat Connors (AZ Dept of Health Services)

     pconnors_at_bix.com
     (Opinions are mine, NOT the State's)