Personal oracle: Use Forms, visual basic or what?

From: Helge Egelund Rasmussen <her_at_compel.compel.dk>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 21:00:32 GMT

I'm lookin into using Personal oracle as a database for several applications that should run on portable PC's.

However, I'm not sure on which "language" I should choose to develop the pc applications in. I'd prefer some kind of 4gl...

At the moment I only know of the following choices:

    SQL*Forms or Access (used only as front-end)

I've seen people talking about Delphi and Powerbuilder, but I don't know that this is.

Are there anyone who can recommend any of these products, or are there other possibilities? (What about visual basic?)

The runtime price is rather important, as I'm speaking about 40 - 100 installations...

Thanks in advance,

    Helge E. Rasmussen (her_at_compel.dk) Received on Mon Mar 20 1995 - 22:00:32 CET

Original text of this message