Re: Personal Oracle 7 & WIN 95

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 09:42:37 -0800

In article <3khudu$4bd_at_srvr1.engin.umich.edu>, jlove_at_engin.umich.edu (Jacob Love) wrote:

>The real reason that you can't get the package to work is almost
>certainly that Oracle has provided yet another stupid install program

This is incorrect. Personal Oracle7 is designed specifically to run with Win32S under Windows 3.1. The Installer is being nothing but protective and responsible here. If the Installer were to allow you to install Personal Oracle7 into an environment in which the database will not run (or is not certified to run), then the Installer would not be doing its job.

If you want to run Personal Oracle7 in any other configuration, then you are on your own. While you may not like that response, we cannot support an Operating System which is not production or which may change at any time with no notice.

--Doug

--
Doug Bitting
Oracle Worldwide Customer Support / Apple Desktop Products Group