Re: Posting answers vs mailing them (Was: SQLPLUS question)

From: Susan Jung <susan.jung_at_intelsat.int>
Date: 19 Mar 1995 15:22:44 GMT

> Actually, I sometimes get a bit annoyed at posters who request e-mail answers
> only because "I don't follow this group much." I've learned a whole lot more
> by reading this group than I've contributed to it, though, and I suspect most
> everybody else is in the same boat.

I'm fairly new to usenet, but I feel that all answers should be posted rather than emailed to the questioner. The beauty of a bulletin board is to see all the questions and the answers. I don't care if some of the answers don't turn out to be right; at least I can get a few ideas. Many times I see a question that I am interested in with no replies. Now I wonder, did the replies just go to the questioner and I remain in the dark? I enjoy usenet and hope to learn as more answers are posted. Received on Sun Mar 19 1995 - 16:22:44 CET

Original text of this message