Re: Embedded SQL

From: Eli Haber <haber_at_panix.com>
Date: 19 Mar 1995 10:00:19 -0500

In <1995Mar18.125920.12075_at_uxmail.ust.hk> wai_at_dmf123.ust.hk (Wai) writes:

>Could someone please tell me what Embedded SQL is?
>How can i do Embedded SQL programming? What software do I need?
>I am currently using Oracle for Unix.

In general, Embedded SQL means placing SQL statements directly into your C (or Cobol, Fortran, etc.) programs, and having the ability to pass variables between the program and the SQL statements.

In order to do this, say with C, you need to have the Pro*C precompiler installed and you must have some Pro*C documentation. The Pro*C precompiler will take your C program with its embedded SQL statements, and turn it into a regular C program with Oracle system calls, which can then be compiled normally. Received on Sun Mar 19 1995 - 16:00:19 CET

Original text of this message