visual basic and oracle

From: Steinar Torset Skarsholt <steinas_at_ifi.uio.no>
Date: 18 Mar 1995 17:38:32 +0100

I'm having problems with the data control in visual basic who is connected to a oracle ws 7.1 on a server using netware. I'm using the oracle odbc driver

1)
A table I have loaded with the SQL*LOADER turnes out to be read only. (data1.recordset.updatable=false) When I move between the records I now and then get the error message: "The record is deleted." I have read/write access to the table. I'm not using SQL_PASSTHROUGH on the data control

2)
Since I'm not using the SQL_PASSTHROUGH on the data control (because of the "Can't perform operation, it's iligal" error) the connection is taking a lot of time. Is there another, faster way to connect to the database.

Greatful for any advice on the subjects

Thanks in advanced. Received on Sat Mar 18 1995 - 17:38:32 CET

Original text of this message