Re: Where To Get ORAPERL?

From: Raymond Everly <reverly_at_ucs01.cfr.usf.edu>
Date: 17 Mar 1995 16:25:30 GMT

In article <rg5.221.0A854840_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov>, rg5_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov (Bob Goldschmidt) says:

>Hey All:
>
>I have just ordered the Oracle Server package for Windows NT. This server
>will be both a WWW server and an Oracle DB server - serving queries from the
>WWW server.
>
>I asked my Oracle rep whether the Oraperl product was bundled with the NT db
>package or if it was a separate product. She had never heard of Oraperl and
>could find no info on it. She indicated that no-one she spoke to had any info
>on it. So much for their technical expertise.
>
>So I am asking the real mavens - where is the Oraperl package:

PERL has been ported to NT. ORAPERL is PERL with some Oracle addons. To build Oraperl NT you need to get the source for PERL NT and the source for ORAPERL. I have done port before on Windows NT 3.1 but not on 3.5. The PERL for NT can be found on the CICA ftp sites. You will also need the Oracle DB lib and headers, the MS SDK or C++ 2.0 to build the final product.