Parallel Query Option W/Oracle7.1.4

From: Dennis Buddenborg <thebuddman_at_delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 95 20:00:32 -0500

I am currently in the process of benchmarking the Parallel Query Option on our Sun1000 running Solaris 2.3 and I'm having a problem with the query server processes. I can see that the three query servers that I put in my init.ora file are indeed running, but when I execute a full table scan, the query servers are not being utilized. I altered the table in question to a degree of parallelism of three and I even place a hint in the select statement to use three query servers.

When I performed an explain plan for the select statement, it didn't show the query being split amongst the query servers. Oracle Support told me, contrary to their documentation, that the explain plan utility will not show the query being split amoungst the query servers.

I'd appreciate help from anyone who has any experience using the Parallel Query Option. Thanks, Dennis Received on Fri Mar 17 1995 - 02:00:32 CET

Original text of this message