Re: [Q] ASCII file to read and write

From: <febbo_at_madnix.uucp>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 02:03:25 GMT

: |> I have an ASCII file with many informations (name, prices,...)
: |> I have to read it, make request to update the database with that data.
: |> What is the simple way to do that???
: |>
: The precompilers. Pro*C can read from the database and write to the file, and
: vice versa.

I think what the gentleperson means is that he wants to put the ascii data into his Oracle database. Easiest way may be to (batch) edit the ascii inserting appropriate SQL language to perform the INSERTS ... INTO ... then run the ascii as a SQL procedure.

Best wishes ...........James Febbo Received on Fri Mar 17 1995 - 03:03:25 CET

Original text of this message